Hi there,

I am planning to assess the art collection of our University library.  One thing may help is a subject bibliography providing a list of materials (printed and electronic) which are essential to a art library.  I am looking for subjects including painting, drawing, sculpture, Chinese art, Western art, art history, glass blowing, wearables, spatial design, photography, graphic design in 3D, watercolour, furniture design, ceramics, typography, video art etc.  I searched WorldCat but hardly found anything.

I would also like to know how other libraries evaluate the art collection, in addition to using a bibliography.  If you have done collection assessment, I am interested in knowing the methodology as well.

Thanks in anticipation of your sharing.

Regards,
Lolita Kwok
Hong Kong Baptist University Library