On Friday, ARLIS/NA's Lunchtime Chat will be moderated by Elizabeth
Schaub of UT Austin.  We hope you'll join us!

"Transforming Visual Resources in the 21st Century"
Friday, October 16th - 12noon pacific/1pm mountain/2pm central/3pm eastern
You can link easily from our embedded Meebo chatbox - on our Lunchtime
Chats page:  http://www.arlisna.org/chats/index.html

century, the visual resources community has an opportunity to reflect on
the complex landscape that drives the field's evolution and discuss
strategies to ensure staff expertise, collection content, and services
remain relevant in a world where the need for images--as well as
efficiencies--has increased.

This lunchtime chat will focus on the ways in which visual resources
activities have changed vis-a-vis:
+ content (local collections and licensed content)
+ cataloging
+ services (reference and instruction)
+ promotion

In addition, this forum will provide an opportunity to discuss examples
of collaborative initiatives and innovative approaches to change
precipitated by shifting institutional priorities.

--

Heather Gendron
Art Librarian