We are cataloging a collection of New Mexican santos, and our plan is to describe each object in a metadata record and add a “related image” section describing the digital image created from the object. Our goal is to load the images into a shared digital repository that is built on a MODS schema. We’ve successfully created a VRA 4.0 template for the collection/images but now we need to map the VRA records to a MODS metadata template. We used the Getty’s Metadata Standard Crosswalk as a base, however not all of the VRA fields have a related mapping to MODS.  Has anyone done a successful mapping from VRA  to MODS or could you direct us to other resources that would help us do this?

Thanks,

Tom Riedel

Tom Riedel

Distance Services Librarian &