We use our dust jackets as they were intended: on the book.  We use covers
to keep them nice.  I've found that books with covers get circulated more,
especially among art students, as they covers attract they eye where a plain
black cloth cover does not.

In Atlanta, I used them to advertise our acquisitions.  I used two bulletin
boards in the halls and printed out duplicate spine labels to put on the
covers. I only chose great covers - got to keep that visual interest going!
We seemed to get a lot of students - and faculty too - coming into the
library with a call number scribbled on a bit of paper or on their hands
looking for the book that used to have the "cool" cover.

Best,
Moira
Moira Steven, Library Director
Joanne Waxman Library @ Maine College of Art
522 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
207-775-5153 (general)/207-699-5090 (direct line)/207-775-5087 (fax)

“Art is never finished, only abandoned.”  - Leonardo da Vinci