All ARLIS/NA members are welcome to join the ARLIS Midstates Chapter and VRA Midwest Chapter at our joint fall meeting on Friday October 2nd at the beautiful Milwaukee Art Museum. Details:

(Free!) Registration:
No registration fee is required, but ARLIS or VRA members who RSVP to [log in to unmask] by September 30th will be granted complimentary admission to the Museum and special exhibitions.

Agenda:

10-10:20 Welcome and light refreshments in the Northwestern Mutual Room

10:20-12:30 – Small and large group discussions:

 * A vision of the 21st century art information professional: changing roles for the professions (text, film, audio, image, multimedia; analog, converted, and born digital; owned and licensed; etc.)

 * VR professionals and bibliographic librarians working together to meet the changing needs of the academic/museum communities.

 * Collaboration/integration between VRA and ARLIS

12:30-1:30 - Lunch (in Warhol café; not provided by chapters)

1:30-2:30 - VRA Midwest Chapter meeting and ARLIS Midstates Chapter meeting
2:30-5 - visit the museum

Location, Directions, Parking, and Public Transportation:
See http://www.mam.org/visit/directions.php  (Unfortunately, neither the chapters nor museum are able to offer validation for parking.) Once there, proceed to the Northwestern Mutual Room.

Museum Admission:
Museum admission is not required in order to access the meeting rooms. However, as noted above ARLIS or VRA members who RSVP to [log in to unmask]
by September 30th will be granted complimentary admission to the Museum and exhibitions.

Lunch:

Lunch will not be provided by the chapters. The menu for the museum’s Warhol Café is available if you’d like me to send you a copy.

Accommodations:
These hotels are within walking distance of the Museum:

* County Clare: http://www.countyclare-inn.com/

* Hotel Metro: http://www.hotelmetro.com/

* Pfister: http://www.thepfisterhotel.com/
* Park East Hotel-Lake Shore (Comfort Inn & Suites):
http://www.parkeasthotel.com/
* Best Western Inn Towne Hotel: http://www.bestwesternwisconsin.com/hotels/best-western-inn-towne-hotel/

Chapter Membership Reminder:

Also, we urge those Midstaters who have not yet renewed their chapter membership(s) to do so now:

http://www.indiana.edu/~arlismid/membership.html

We look forward to seeing you in Milwaukee!

Marc Gartler
Chair, ARLIS Midstates

Director of Library Services
Harrington College of Design