My father was Marvin De Chellis.  Marvin was an incredible classic artist, and scenic artist in the Motion Picture Industry.  Marvin cherished his books, magazines, and research. He began to collect these during his youth when he went to the Allied School of Arts in Los Angeles, and continued to accumulate research, including books, magazines, prints and brochures during his successful career in the field of scenic art.  Marvin worked on the sets of TV comedy shows, live theater productions, and even the 1984 Olympic games that were held in Los Angeles.  Marvin passed away last year, leaving me with a library of hundreds of books and much research.

On the Flicker link below, you can see a selection of prints (there are 50 more), magazines, books, and vintage brochures.  Over the past few months, books from his collection have gone to schools and libraries in the Los Angeles area.  For now, I am keeping the very rare books.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28961908@N04/sets/72157615113779858/

If you are interested in any that are displayed on flicker, please e-mail me at

Thank you so much,

Taryn De Chellis