30 July – 14 October 2009

Art Wall on Third
The Art Collection, 3rd floor
Mid-Manhattan Library

40th Street @ 5th Avenue
New York, NY 10016

212-340-0871
Mon-Wed 9-9, Thu-Sat 10-6, Sun 1-5

The Art Collection at Mid-Manhattan Library is pleased to present an installation of transparent tape and paper reliefs by the well-known German American sculptor Marietta Hoferer. Her inventive approach to collage drawings through the use of tape has elevated a functional material such as industrial tape into an aesthetic level of experience for viewers. As we are drawn into the elegant subtleties of Malibu, we become aware of its meditative quality and are mesmerized by the quiet and whimsical play of light and implied atmosphere. Bruno LeMieux-Ruibal, the Spanish American contemporary art critic and writer, will join Hoferer for an Artist Dialogue on Saturday August 8th at 2:30 p.m. on the 6th floor. The exhibition series Art Wall on Third is curated by Arezoo Moseni.