From: ART LIBRARIES SOCIETY DISCUSSION LIST [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Amy Lucker
Sent: Monday, July 20, 2009 5:04 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] Offer of donation of Reference source

Please see below for a kind offer which has come to our attention:

I was hoping to contact members of ARLIS regarding donating copies of my
grandmother's publication - Jacobsen's Biographical Index of American
Artists, to members of the ARLIS. (We have donated a copy of the Index
to several museum libraries including the MFA's Hunt Library, if you
have any questions about the Index from another group who added the
Index to their collection).

My sister and I are hoping to donate this important technical resource
and collect gift acknowledgments to use as tax deductions, to recoup the
expense of moving these books from my grandmother's estate in Dallas,
Texas. We would ask any organization which would like a copy of this
index (values at $450.00) to provide a prepaid shipping label. Would is
be possible to distribute this offer of donation to members of ARLIS?

If you have any questions, please email and I will be glad to review
with you. I appreciate your time and consideration in helping me with
this query.

Thank you,

Beth Jacobsen

Link to a website describing the Index -

_http://www.ajpublications.com/default.htm_

--
Amy Lucker

(212) 992-5826