Hello everyone,

I'm the publisher at Hol Art Books. We're a new press focused on
writing on visual art, with our first titles coming out this fall. All
of our books will be published in simultaneous paper, hardcover and
electronic editions, and I'm looking for some guidance/opinion on
production standards for our hardcover books, which are primarily
intended to serve libraries and collectors.

As we have it now, the hardcovers will be Smyth sewn, and the jackets
and interiors will be printed on recycled stock that meets ANSI
Z39.48-1992 paper permanence standards. We're hoping to include a
ribbon bookmark in each as well. On the cloth though, should we be
looking at Buckram (the heavy, library-grade impregnated cloth) or
would the more typical trade cloth, Arrestox B, be sufficient? What do
you all think? Or is this even something that's a consideration in
your buying?

Thanks!
Greg

--