Our library was discussing this today.  We are thinking of creating a
pocket in the back of the catalog to keep it more secure with the
catalog (as opposed to the front cover) and barcoding and creating a
holding for the USB stick as well.  We had considered keeping the USBs
separate but wasn't sure how to store them and thought it would be
better for the USB to stay with the catalog.  We are not sure how we
will deal with only having the USB (no accompanying print catalog).
Likely we will store them as we do our other media (CDs, DVDs etc.) in
some kind of container. We currently don't have a lot of media though.
I would love to hear others' ideas and thoughts as well.

-Alison

Alison L. Huftalen
Catalog Librarian
Art Reference Library
Toledo Museum of Art
419.254.5771 x7386

>>> Susan Ferrer-Vinent <[log in to unmask]> 7/8/2009
3:20 PM >>>
How are art libraries dealing with the USBs that have started coming
with some auction house catalogs.
Do you keep them with their respective catalog, if there is one?  What
materials/methods do you use?

Thank you for your ideas,
Susan T. Ferrer-Vinent
Librarian
Denver Art Museum Library
100 West 14th Avenue Parkway
Denver, CO 80204-2788
720-913-0100

The Denver Art Museum salutes the citizens of metro Denver for helping
fund arts and culture through their support of SCFD.

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. It may
contain confidential or proprietary information and may be subject to
the attorney-client privilege, solicitor-client privilege or other
confidentiality protections. Any other distribution, copying or
disclosure of this email and/or files is strictly prohibited.