Dear Friends,

After 21 wonderful years, my position at the Fine Arts Library has been
eliminated due to the current layoff.  My tenure at Harvard began in
1988, when I was hired by Helene Roberts as the Assistant Curator of
Visual Collections.  It was truly a privilege to be under the leadership
of Wolfgang Freitag.  The care and respect with which he treated all of
the staff fostered a spirit of cooperation and collegiality.

As an art librarian for more than 30 years, I have relied on ARLIS as a
vital resource for professional advice and guidance.  Despite these
challenging economic times, I hope that you will come and enjoy our
beautiful city for the 2010 conference.

With all good wishes to the membership,

Andrea C. DesJardins
e-mail (after July 7): [log in to unmask]