Revue de l'art ancien et moderne - a question! Dear ARLIS colleagues,

A faculty member is trying to find information about the history of the journal "Revue de l'art ancien et moderne", its publisher, and its particular "bend" on scholarship that it published.

Searching WorldCat brought up conflicting publisher information- the majority of the serial records list "Imprimerie Georges Petit" as the publisher. Petit was an impressionist collector and gallery owner in Paris at the turn of the century, and while I am able to find multiple references in the art literature to his gallery, I can't find any additional information about his potential role as a publisher. (Aside from gallery catalogs).

A couple of other records list the publisher as "Imp. Gauthier-Villars." I have come up blank with any information about this house.

Does anyone have any suggestions for additional leads on where I might learn more about this journal and its publisher?

Many, many thanks,

Jamie Hazlitt
Reference Librarian
Charles Von der Ahe Library