From: Consortium of Art and Architectural Historians [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of marjorie munsterberg
Sent: Monday, June 08, 2009 10:02 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: BHA/Getty/CAA a la Art Di Furia

The list might find this MA thesis interesting.  It compares Google Scholar to BHA and other databases in terms of its effectiveness for art historical scholarship.  Specific studies like this - perhaps there are others like it - provide facts that surely are useful in forming a larger argument about the need for BHA.

http://etd.ils.unc.edu/dspace/bitstream/1901/499/1/hannahnoll.pdf

Marjorie Munsterberg
www.writingaboutart.org