New England Chapter Folks

Dear ARLIS-Lers,

I’ve accepted the Met’s offer of early retirement and today is my last day in the Museum. I am on to new things. I’ve heard so many expressions lately, take the cookie when they pass the plate, today is the first day of the rest of your life, etc. etc. They do match my mood.

ARLIS is wonderful, both NA and NY. I’ve seen so much and met so many interesting people. I remember Providence in the snowstorm when I met my dear Anne Haas, I remember Pittsburgh, and the excursion to Fallingwater, and one day during the conference having lunch with Bob Kaufmann, a Met colleague. (We’ve never had lunch together here.) Then there was the fun Miami Beach conference, and LA, and well I could go on but you get the point.

In NY I had the good fortune to lead a bunch of ARLIS attendees at the NY conference on the walking tour of the Upper Westside during “Monday night with NYers.”

ARLIS-NY has been a wonderful opportunity to get to know the local art librarians and the art by-ways of NYC and environs.  We have an abundance of good things in NYC and we still don’t know it all.

Much love,

Emily

Emily Roth

Associate Museum Librarian

Nolen Library

The Metropolitan Museum of Art

__________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org/join.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner (Judy Dyki) at: [log in to unmask] Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org/join.html Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner (Judy Dyki) at: [log in to unmask]