To all of my wonderful colleagues:

Today is my last day at MOCA. Although I survived the first round of budget cuts, I did not survive this round. MOCA is in poor financial shape and has laid off two curators, the chief registrar, the head of the exhibitions crew, the head of IT, several development staff and many others. This effectively means the library will be closed to all outside patrons, including interlibrary loans. It will not have staff for in-house circulation or money for acquisitions and regular maintenance. It will probably revert to the condition I found it in nine years ago, but now with a collection of almost 40,000 books.

I plan to continue being active in the field and will remain on the Cataloging Advisory Committee. My contact information is below if you would like to reach me.

4018 Bluff Street

Torrance, CA 90505

Best wishes,

Lynda