Greetings ARLIS members,

I'm helping an art professor with locating online access to German
newspapers from 1933-1960. We've searched World Cat, internet and Lexis
with success. I plan on looking at L of C and The National Holocaust
Museum.
We've also checked the website of the Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin and
found an index to newspapers located in this library and some other
German libraries called Zeitschriftendatenbank (http://zdb-opac.de)

Another listing I found might be of some help:
http://xooxleanswers.com/newspaperarchives7.aspx
 Scroll down until you come to "German Historical Newspapers."

I was wondering if you know additional collections that I might not
be aware of. She's hoping to gain free access to newspaper
collections.

She knows she'll have to go to the actual town (Kassel, Germany) to
really get the local
newspaper that would have been reporting on the actual Exhibition she's
researching.
The name of the paper is Hessischen Nachrichten and the Kasseler
Zeitung.  These were around from 1959-1975.  After that, the newspapers
merged and became HNA (Die Hessische/Niedersächsische Allgemeine). She
was able to gain free access to the last five years, but nothing
earlier.

Thanks so much for your help & wisdom.

Suzy Westenkirchner
Education & Art Librarian