Dear Colleagues,

As you all know, Sherman Clarke is a librarian who has garnered an outstanding reputation in the areas of cataloging and art librarianship, and has been an active member of ARLIS/NA and VRA, not to mention regional chapters, divisions, committees, and round tables.  What you may not know is that Sherman also has been an active member, secretary, and newsletter editor of the Queer Caucus for Art, a society affiiliated with the College Art Association.  Recently, Sherman retired from his job at NYU and is soon moving from New York City back to his childhood home of Alfred, New York.  I thought this would be a good time to help others get to know Sherman a little better, and so he graciously agreed to be interviewed by me, which you can now read on my personal blog, bklynbiblio.  Check it out at http://bklynbiblio.blogspot.com/2009/05/interview-sherman-clarke.html and rediscover the one-and-only Sherman Clarke!

--
Roberto C. Ferrari
Associate Museum Librarian

AND