Hi,

I am seeking information to assist one of our Masters Film and
Television students who is working on a documentary film about
Australia's most famous horse, Phar Lap in America; including his
taxidermy in New York; his effigy being displayed elsewhere in NY or the
USA; transport of his effigy back across America, and return to
Australia;

The key figures involved with the taxidermy process were:
-    'The Jonas Brothers of Yonkers/ New York' taxidermy firm,
-    Louis Paul Jonas,
-    the photographer Andrew Halbran, and
-    the American part-owner of Phar Lap, David J. Davis (of Sydney and
San Francisco).

He is trying to provide an accurate background to his research by
placing events and people within the context of the times, i.e. America
and especially New York in 1932.

Any material be it written/ printed materials, photographs, film-footage
(newsreel or home footage) would be most welcome.

This has proven to be a difficult area of research, particularly as
these events occurred so long ago and so far away from Australia.

Your help and advice would be much appreciated.

Morfia Grondas