Dear Colleagues:

In March, the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum Research Center posted questions
on ARLIS-L, SAA-L, and SAAMUS-L.  Our original message follows with
summary responses below in bold:

The Georgia O'Keeffe Museum Research Center is investigating how museum
archives are inventorying and cataloging their collections.  If you work
in a museum institution, we'd appreciate if you would take a few minutes
to answer our questions below.

1.	Do you use an archival database to accession and describe your
archival collections?  If so, what is the name of the database?

2.	Do you use a museum collection management system to accession
and describe your archival collections?  If so, what is the name of the
museum collection system?

Is it used in conjunction with an archival database?

archival database

3.	Do you use your archival database to create finding aids for
each of your collections?

aids

If not, how do you create finding aids? Neither of these questions
explicitly refers to EAD finding aids.

indicate another method for creating finding aids

4.	Do you create collection level records for your archival
collections in the library catalog?

catalog

We have compiled the answers to our questions and posted them on:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/14992802/Museum-Archives-Database-Survey

Our thanks to all of the individuals who took the time to answer our
questions.

Sincerely,

Eumie Imm-Stroukoff and Elizabeth Ehrnst

Georgia O'Keeffe Museum Research Center

Eumie Imm-Stroukoff

Librarian and Assistant Director, Research Center

Georgia O'Keeffe Museum

217 Johnson Street

Santa Fe, NM  87501

Telephone:  505-946-1011