We are considering the possibility of digitizing our slide collection and are looking to see what other libraries have done. Our collection is made up of images taken of the museum collection by in-house photography staff as well as purchased slides of items not in our museum collection.

Have any museum art libraries digitized their slide collection? Have you run up against copyright issues if the digital images are used solely for research and education purposes in-house?  What storage method have you used?

Please respond to [log in to unmask].

Thank you!

Amy M. Watson
Library Technician
Smithsonian Institution Libraries
Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden Library