TOP TEN WAYS TO BE "ARLISIAN" AT THE 2009 “CIRCLE CITY CONVERGENCE”: PART THREE

#4) Be Collegial

Pay special attention to our First Time Attendees, our Award winners, and anyone standing alone.

Pay very special attention to our wonderful Exhibitors, and visit them as often as possible.

Down with Cliques! Go outside your comfort zone and talk to fellow Arlisians from other Divisions, Sections, and Discussion Groups.

#3) Be Punctual

Start your functions on time, stick to the time allotted, be ruthless with long-winded speakers, and clear the room  promptly.

If you're going on a Tour, don't hold the group up, especially when it's time to leave.

Be fast and efficient at the Internet Café if others are waiting.

#2) Be Courteous.

If you’re blogging at the conference, be a good Arlisian.

No Food Frenzies at the receptions, Please. (We’re Librarians, remember!)

Don’t make our Exhibitors worry about coffee cups and crumbs near their exhibits. Eat fast, browse long.

Remember to thank our generous Sponsors personally when you can.

Your 2009 ARLIS/NA Conference Co-Chairs

Eileen Fry, Tony White, Sonja Staum, and Alba Fernàndez-Keys