CONTENTdm Interest Group meeting: ARLIS, April 19, 2009

OCLC will be hosting a CONTENTdm interest group meeting at ARLIS in Indianapolis this year.  The meeting will be held on Sunday, April 19th from 8 – 9:30 AM at the Hotel Sante Fe.  Coffee service will be provided.

We have two topics scheduled for the meeting. I will provide a brief update on CONTENTdm and Penny Baker, Clark Art Institute, will be our featured speaker.

Penny will present "Dyspepsia, 1-cent Life, and City of Flies: Collection Building at the Clark" in which she will discuss the Clark's  multi-year, IMLS/NHPRC-funded Archives and Records Management Initiative during which CONTENTdm was integrated into several projects. This presentation will focus on the Clark’s work to migrate its large legacy collections and EAD finding aids, as well as its current efforts to create diverse boutique collections in CONTENTdm. The Clark’s ongoing collections include rare images of lost or destroyed masterpieces selected from the Archives study photographs and clippings files, materials connected with Robert Sterling Clark’s 1908 scientific expedition to northern China, library exhibition files of images of works by Rei Kawakubo, early documents from the Pop Art movement, and images from William Bradford’s The Arctic Regions (1879).

Following our presentations, we will have time for questions and discussion.  If you have topics which you would like us to cover, please let me know via email on or before Monday, April 6th at [log in to unmask]

Please RSVP directly to me at [log in to unmask] if you plan to attend.

Judith Cobb
Product Manager
OCLC Digital Collection Services
(614 )764 6233