Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. Anne -- Could you be a little more specific by what you mean in terms of "in house"?

For example, if we have material on our Hold Shelf (for patrons who are returning to the Library at a later time), on graduate student carrels, in our Stack Overflow section, etc., all those items are charged out to what we call a "pseudo patron" (Carrel # so and so, etc.). Item displays as charged out in the OPAC. So we can find material if requested by a patron. I think this is pretty standard practice. Also, we can have our system (SIRSI) post a message in the OPAC stating "Ask at Circulation Desk."

In terms on in house use, i.e., material that is browsed but not actually checked out, we sweep our stack reshelving areas daily and give this material an item-use transaction before reshelving, but that is, I suspect, a very different sense of what you mean by "in house."

Hope this helps.

And a request that responses, generally speaking, for ARLIS queries go back to the list. We tend to respond directly to the individual with the hope that they will digest back to the list. Let's keep the list a list...

Best,

Peter

-----------------------------
Peter P. Blank
Head Librarian
Art & Architecture Library
102 Cummings Art Bldg.
Stanford University
Stanford, CA 94305-2018

Voice (650) 725-1038
FAX   (650) 725-0140

Anne Haas wrote:

[log in to unmask]" type="cite"> Query about circ status Hello collective wisdom,

We have recently started using our III Millenium  for ‘in house’ circulation , so as to better be aware of what is –not- on the shelves---but I wondered if any of you do this, does the status of the book in your OPAC indicate that it is an ‘in house’ circ, and not a regular ‘out of the library’ circ. If you do this, could you let me know what system you use, or by what means you can let people know the item is actually still ‘in the house’..

Thanks for any info!!
Best,
Anne

Anne B. Haas