From: ART LIBRARIES SOCIETY DISCUSSION LIST [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On
Behalf Of Karyn Hinkle
Sent: Friday, April 03, 2009 6:03 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] ARLIS/Museum Library Division meeting at the Indy
conference

Dear all --

The Museum Library Division (MLD) will meet from 12:30 - 1:30 p.m. on
Saturday, April 18th at the conference hotel, and I'm writing today to
continue gathering your agenda requests and presentation suggestions (this
is a repeat of a message sent a few weeks ago to the MLD list).

At our meeting last year in Denver we had a great slate of four short member
presentations along with our usual division business (minutes of that
meeting are pasted below), and we are looking forward to repeating that
format in Indianapolis this year.  If you or one of your colleagues would
like to share a museum library project or idea with the group or present a
recent update from your library or museum institution, please do let me
now  -- there is still a bit of space left in the agenda.

So far, the agenda includes member presentations on the New York Art
Resources Consortium (NYARC)'s new union catalog, Arcade, and on the MLD
plan, first conceived at the Atlanta meeting in 2007, to conduct a formal
survey of our art museum libraries.  We'd love to add your presentations or
ideas to the list!  We'll have a laptop and a digital projector available at
the meeting, so your powerpoint slides can be easily/happily accommodated.

As you will see in the 2008 minutes below, Alison Pattern was elected in
Denver to serve as recorder in Indianapolis, but we think Ms. Pattern is
unable to attend the conference this year.  Please let me know if you
yourself would like to serve as the session recorder (it's a position that
graduates to co-moderator / moderator elect!) or if you would be able to
suggest an Indy attendee we might contact about the position.

We look forward to hearing your suggestions on all counts!

Your 2009 MLD moderator --
Karyn Hinkle
and co-moderator / moderator-elect --
Kristen Regina

owner (Judy Dyki) at: [log in to unmask]