Dear Colleagues,

I am in the process of compiling a list of projects  involving the
use of digital media, immersive 3D environments, virtual worlds,
design/modelling programs, etc. to recreate sculptural and
architectural monuments and spaces, or other cultural programs (a
virtual exhibition, historical or contemporary, for example).
"Digital Karnak" or a Second Life virtual exhibition come to mind as
examples. I am not interested in standard image databases. If these
projects or the use of new media technologies are incorporated into
instructional programs, all the better.

The goal of gathering this information is two-fold: (1) to develop a
symposium at Duke University showcasing such projects and
technologies and discussing the issues emerging around digital arts
and humanities (2) to compile essays about these projects for
publication.

If such projects exist at your institution, please e-mail me OFF-LIST
with the relevant contact and/or website information.

Thanks,
John
--
John J. Taormina
Director, Visual Resources Center

Ph: 919-684-2501
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
http://www.duke.edu/web/art/

"Education is what survives when what has been learnt has been forgotten."