The Georgia O’Keeffe Museum Research Center is investigating how museum archives are inventorying and cataloging their collections.  If you work in a museum institution, we’d appreciate if you would take a few minutes to answer our questions below.

  1. Do you use an archival database to accession and describe your archival collections?  If so, what is the name of the database?
  2. Do you use a museum collection management system to accession and describe your archival collections?  If so, what is the name of the museum collection system?  Is it used in conjunction with an archival database?
  3. Do you use your archival database to create finding aids for each of your collections? If not, how do you create finding aids? Neither of these questions explicitly refers to EAD finding aids.
  4. Do you create collection level records for your archival collections in the library catalog?

Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions.  Please send your comments to me off-list.

Eumie Imm-Stroukoff

Librarian and Assistant Director, Research Center

Georgia O'Keeffe Museum

217 Johnson Street

Santa Fe, NM  87501

Telephone:  505-946-1011