**Apologies for cross-posting**

The ARLIS/NY Chapter is pleased to announce Maria Oldal as the recipient of the 2009 Celine Palatsky Travel Award. This award supports travel for a chapter member to attend the ARLIS/NA annual conference. We received five very strong applications this year, which made our decision extremely difficult due to the varied experience and activity of all of the applicants.

Maria is Head of Cataloging and Database Maintenance at The Pierpont Morgan Library and Museum. She has been active as both a librarian and as a member of ARLIS/NA and ARLIS/NY (amongst other professional organizations) for years. This year at the conference Maria is presenting at the Cataloging Section meeting on Cataloging Cultural Objects (CCO) and MARC. She is also a member of the Gerd Muehsam Award Committee. We are very pleased to be able to give this award to someone who has committed so much service and energy to the ARLIS organization and to the profession. We congratulate Maria and look forward to her continued activity within both the local and national ARLIS organizations.

Celine Palatsky was a longtime ARLIS/NY member who passed away in 1999. She served as the Chapter's Treasurer from 1979 to 1993, and was an avid and enthusiastic traveler.

ARLIS/NY Celine Palatsky Award Committee:

Elizabeth Darocha Berenz, ARLIS/NY Treasurer

Erin Elliott, ARLIS/NY Secretary
Lisa Ryan, ARLIS/NY Vice-Chair/ Chair-Elect

Elizabeth Darocha Berenz

ARTstor User Services Associate

(t) 212-500-2426

(f) 212-500-2401