The ARLIS/NA Collection Development Special Interest Group will hold its first meeting in Indianapolis on Sunday, April 19 from 5:15 to 6:15 P.M. All ARLIS members who are interested in collection development issues are invited to attend this popular discussion forum.

Because this is our first meeting as a SIG, we will have some organizational issues and potential group projects to discuss. But since our time slot is very short this year, I hope to devote most of our meeting time to the sort of open discussion of collection development matters that has been successful in the past.

Therefore, I would like to invite members who wish to be actively involved in the new SIG (beyond attending the Sunday meeting) to let me know (replying to me directly, not ARLIS-L) so that we can do some brainstorming before and after the conference about organizational matters and projects such as reviving the collection development website. We might even try to hold an informal meeting outside of our scheduled time slot. Unless informed otherwise, I will assume that those responding are willing to have their names shared with the others in an informal e-list.

Thank you. I look forward to seeing you in Indianapolis.

Tim

Timothy Shipe, Ph. D.
Assistant to the Director, Collections and Scholarly Communication
University of Iowa Libraries
100 Main Library
Iowa City, IA 52242-1420
phone (319) 335-5824