Dear Colleagues:
	Last month when I announced the closing of the LeBrun Library at
Montclair Art Museum, I meant just that: the closing of the LEBRUN
LIBRARY at the MONTCLAIR ART MUSEUM. Its collection of books on American
art and Native American art went primarily to the Sprague Library at
Montclair State University; a few of its books, especially some of its
rarer items, were sold off. I don't know too much about this
transaction.
	Regarding the Library at the Newark Museum, where I work, its
budget has been cut, but not eliminated, and there are no plans at the
moment to merge with the Newark Public Library or the Rutgers University
Libraries or any other kind of partner. I continue to acquire materials,
organize them, preserve them, provide reference to them, and administer
the library.   Like many of the rest of you, who are confronting
shrinking budgets, I am dealing with similar problems, but not
insurmountable ones.
	I will not be able to attend the annual conference in
Indianapolis this year, because conference fees and travel have been
eliminated from the budgets of all departments in the museum.
	Sincerely yours,
William A. Peniston, Ph.D.
Librarian
The Newark Museum