Hi all,

I’m reposting this message with a more descriptive subject line.

I survived "Black Friday" at MOCA, but my one and only assistant was laid off. Looking at the cuts across the board, I have to assure you that the library was not singled out. We lost four other curatorial support positions. A couple of curators will be without assistants, at least in the short term. Our education department was hit the hardest.

In an effort to look on the bright side, I'm forwarding a link to the online Artforum "critics' pick" review of the artists' book exhibition I

co-curated: http://www.artforum.com/picks/section=la#picks21949. For the next two weeks, it will be the ONLY exhibition open at MOCA. The Geffen is completely closed for budget reasons; and Grand Ave is undergoing installation. The Dan Graham exhibition and some permanent collection will open on Feb. 15. If you're coming out for CAA, please stop by to say hello.

Lynda

Lynda Bunting

Librarian and Archivist

The Museum of Contemporary Art