Dear colleagues,

This is just a reminder that in order to avoid late fees, you should register for the Association of Architecture School Librarians (AASL) conference by March 6, 2009.  Program events take place on March 26-27 with March 25 and March 28 available for optional activities.  Note that the conference program and the registration form are available from the conference website at: https://sites.google.com/site/aasl2009/.  You can also use registration form to renew your membership (or join the association) and also to contribute to the Frances Chen Travel Award (a tax deductible donation).

The conference hotel is the Hilton Portland & Executive Tower, http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/PDXPHHH-Hilton-Portland-Executive-Tower-Oregon/index.do.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Make your hotel reservations by Feb. 18 to get the conference rates: $159 (main building); $179 (executive tower).

AASL meets in conjunction with ACSA, but in order to attend the ACSA conference a separate registration is required.  (See: https://www.acsa-arch.org/conferences/annual2009.aspx for the ACSA program.)  It is not necessary to register for the ACSA meeting in order to attend the AASL conference.  That said, AASL members have always been welcome in the ACSA book & vendor exhibit hall and we are frequently invited to ACSA keynote sessions and receptions.  Please note that Ed Teague (our Vice-President and conference program chair) has allowed time in our schedule to attend ACSA keynote sessions and receptions.

Ann Lindell, our website editor has been adding content to our website (http://www.architecturelibrarians.org/), some of which was scanned from our archives by Judy Connorton.  This project is still ongoing but results are already evident.

I look forward to seeing many of you soon!

Best wishes,

Janine Henri

President, AASL

Architecture, Design, and Digital Services Librarian

UCLA Arts Library

1400 Public Affairs Building

Box 951392

Los Angeles, CA 90095-1392