From: ART LIBRARIES SOCIETY DISCUSSION LIST [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Janis Manzo [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2009 12:18 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] Location of photography books in libraries

Hello list,

At the College of the Holy Cross, we have an active Visual Arts department (both Studio Art and Art History), but no separate art library.  Traditional art books, the 'Ns' are in the main college library, but photography books, the 'TRs' are in the SCIENCE LIBRARY!! in a separate building that is for science departments, classes, labs, etc!  One faculty member has approached me about this and wants me to talk to the library administration about moving the TRs to the main library.  Luckily, in my role as the Visual Resources person, I'm also the college art librarian, and am library, not Visual Arts department, staff.  Hopefully that may help the situation.

What I'm requesting from the group is for those schools without separate art libraries:

-Do you keep the Ns and TRs together?

I went to grad school for art history at UMass Amherst and I thought it was great that the Ns and TRs were all on the 9th floor of our 26 floor library.  Made it seem like a separate art library.

Any other comments on or solutions you've found to this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Janis

Janis L. DesMarais
Visual Resources Coordinator / ARLIS New England Chapter Treasurer
College of the Holy Cross
1 College Street
O'Kane 498
Worcester, MA 01610
(508) 793-2453

A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps!<http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1218822736x1201267884/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID%3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62>