Greetings,

On behalf of the Special Events and Development Committees, I would like to remind members about our annual ARLIS/NA fundraising event, the Society Circle Reception. The Society Circle<http://www.arlisna.org/about/society_circle.html> was founded  in 2003 by generous members of ARLIS/NA. Since that time, donations to the Circle have supported the conference speakers fund and the internship fund, bringing new voices to our conferences and new people into our profession. Membership in the Society Circle starts at $100 and illustrates a commitment both to ARLIS/NA and the professions of Art Librarianship and Visual Resources Curatorship.

Our special fundraising event at this year's conference will be held Saturday April 18th, 6:00pm - 8:00pm at the newly constructed Herron School of Art and Design, http://www.herron.iupui.edu on the IUPUI campus.  The Herron School of Art and Design is conveniently located approximately 5 blocks from the conference hotel. For more information about the Herron School of Art and Design, http://www.herron.iupui.edu.

The art school has graciously and generously offered as an in-kind gift, the Grand Hall and Main Gallery to our members attending this special event. Artist, Marie Krane Bergman's work will be on display for the event. Marie Krane Bergman's paintings consist of thousands of handmade marks that reveal color shifts and play along the threshold of perception. At the Herron School of Art and Design, Bergman will exhibit paintings from One Year, One Year Later, a perpetual project that presents the passage of time based on the study of decaying flower petals. This exhibition is provided with support from the Arts Council of Indianapolis<http://www.indyarts.org> and the City of Indianapolis.
The Society Circle Event Fundraiser is open to all members of the Society Circle. Members will be receiving an invitation in the next few weeks. To join the Society Circle and attend this wonderful event please visit, http://www.arlisna.org/about/circle_form.html.

We hope you will join us for a few hours of high-art, refreshments,  cash bar, and live music.

Barbara
Chair, ARLIS/NA Development Committee
Barbara Rockenbach
Director of Undergraduate & Library Research Education
Yale University Library
tel: 203.436.4164