From: Margaret Ericson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [ARLIS-L] Art Library weeding project guidelines
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Monday, February 16, 2009, 6:29 PM

Hello Collective Wisdom.

Our arts library may be embarking on a major weeding project, due to lack of
space, and no off-site storage facility plans in sight, according to our library
director. I'm looking for any guidelines, specific to an art library , that
may inform our overall weeding effort that is taking place in our college
library. I'd like to have your opinion as to what makes art materials
different than other materials in the humanities and social sciences when it
comes to formulating weeding criteria. If you have any thoughts, or if you have
some established weeding guidelines for your art library, please send. To what
degree have digitized book projects actually effected your weeding
practices...is it practical to assess title by title? What stable digitized e
book projects can be recommended for an art library weeding project? Thanks in
advance.

Margaret Ericson, Art and Music Librarian, Colby College, Waterville, Maine