From: ART LIBRARIES SOCIETY DISCUSSION LIST [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mo Dawley
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2009 1:05 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] Directory of Artists' Books Collections online

All,
Last year a number of us talked on ARLIS-L about compiling a directory of artists books collections. I said I would pursue the possibilities. Erin Wilkins enthusiastically agreed to take on the primary research and design of the directory as a special project in Arts and Special Collections in addition to her duties as our 2008 Arts Information Assistant  (while getting her MLS at the University of Pittsburgh). Erin dedicated innumerable hours of  thought and labor to this project. Many thanks to you Erin!

So, here is the first iteration which represents a compilation of collections in the United States gleaned primarily from ARLIS-L member suggestions and the Web:
Directory of Artists' Books Collections
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/md2z/artists%27%20books%20directory/Artists-%27BookIndex.html

I will now continue to monitor and edit the site.  I welcome comments, suggestions, corrections and additions at any time.

May this year bring peace and a great outpouring of love to you and yours.

Best,
Mo

Mo Dawley
Senior Librarian