We are pleased to announce that the ARLIS/NA 2009 Personal Scheduler and Graphic Conference interface is now available for browsing, mousing, customizing, and social interaction.   We have partnered with the clever people at Sched.org to create a wonderful new way for you to view all our conference events in a variety of ways, pick those you are interested in, see what your best buddies are signing up for, print out your own personalized schedule, and even export it to your office calendars or mobile devices.

Join in by first going to our Scheduler webpage: http://arlisna09.sched.org/cal/20090418  (I’ve set this to show you Saturday’s activities first).

Then browse around using the color-coded taps to see events by day, venue, or type.  Holding your mouse over an entry will let you see an expanded description of that event.

Next create your own personal Sched.org account following their easy instructions.  Like most social software sites, this need not be your real name, but you might want to create something  that will be recognizable to your friends.

Once you have your own account, you can begin checking the boxes of the activities you plan to attend and create your own personal schedule.

Some important  notes:

1) This is NOT conference Registration.  That will be coming soon, just as soon as the Memberclicks registration form is ready.

2) Most Committee and User Groups are not showing up in the schedule yet, as we do not yet  know their day, time, and room assignment.  So don’t plan on finalizing your personal schedule till shortly before the conference.

3) When some of us tried this out, we were surprised that we could see each other’s schedules, and even appear to be changing each other’s schedules.  That’s not what is happening.  If you look at a friend’s schedule, and want to do what they are doing, clicking on a box in their schedule adds it TO YOURS, but doesn’t change anything in theirs.

The Scheduler is for information, organization, socializing, and fun.  We hope you enjoy it.

If you have any problems, please contact me offlist rather than cluttering up the listservs.

Eileen Fry

Indiana Unversity