Here's our patron saint, Sarasvati:

The goddess of speech and learning, the inventor of Sanskrit, patroness of the arts and wife of Brahma, Sarasvati is equally revered by Hindus, Buddhist and Jains. She is regularly worshipped in libraries, schools and educational institutions. Generally represented with four arms, she carries a book, the vina and a lotus. Her mount is either the hamsa or the peacock and occasionally, the parrot." (Dictionary of Hindu Lore and Legend, Thames & Hudson)

-----Original Message-----
From: ART LIBRARIES SOCIETY DISCUSSION LIST [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Greta Bahnemann
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 4:02 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] ARLISIANS United

Ellen,
I like the way you think. Now for a few ideas/suggestions (but I am open
to other ideas):

Capital City: Artexlibrisville
National Anthem: Rule Booktannia!
Airline: ARLIS/Air

Happy New Year!
-Greta

Ellen Chapman wrote:
> Love the word Arlisians. Perhaps we should create a country called
> Arlisia. What would be the capital city? Principal crops? National
anthem?
> Traditional dress? Significant holidays?  Ellen Chapman
>

> On Tue, 6 Jan 2009, Kitty Jansen wrote:
>

>> Several people offered to fax me this article within an incredible
>> short period of time. You Arlisians are great!
>>
>> Thanks to all,
>>
>> Kitty
>>
>> Kitty Jansen MA, MLS
>>
>> Librarian
>>
>> Watanabe Family Library
>>
>> Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art
>>
>> 500 West Washington St.
>>
>> Indianapolis, IN 46204

>> 317-275-1346
>>

>> visit our web site at www.eiteljorg.org

Greta Bahnemann, MA & MLIS
Curator
Knight Visual Resources Facility
College of Architecture, Art and Planning
B-56 Sibley Hall
Cornell University
Ithaca, NY 14853

E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Telephone: 607-255-6811
FAX: 607-255-1900

smtp.imamuseum.org made the following annotations
NOTICE:
This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
 copies of the original message.

Nina Stephenson
Fine Arts and Design Library  MSC05 3020
1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM  87131-0001