Surely Judy was the dynamo behind the founding of ARLIS/NA.  I fondly recall seeing this amazingly energetic woman "flying about" at our early meetings working on what seemed to be every aspect of 1970s conferences.  Thankfully, her legacy to the Society and love of travel are annually recognized by the "Judith A. Hoffberg Student Award for Conference Attendance."

I look forward to our honoring Judy at the ARLIS/NA annual conference in Indianapolis this year!

B.J. Irvine, Librarian Emeritus, Indiana University