Dear ARLIS/NA Colleagues,

With the resources at your disposal, can anyone find information on the following 17th Century Italian, Conte Niccolo Ponzoni?

He is related to the Gonzaga family, from Cremona, and there are a few hits on Google, but nothing of significance biographically.

Niccolo Ponzoni may have been a collector?

Following are the Sources Already Checked:

--indexes to festschriften literature by Lincoln and by Rave

--Benezit

--DNB (you never know if NP might have done something of significance in Great Britain)

--RAA, RILA, and BHA

--SCIPIO

--JSTOR

--indexes to periodical lit: Frick and Ryerson indexes

--Wikipedia; Britannica; French ency; German ency

--Italian biog encys (however, we relied on a third party for this searching, so if anyone has access to the major Italian biographical encyclopedias, we would appreciate a re-check of this name in them.)

--artprice.com

--Grove music

--Oxfordartonline.com

Please respond to me directly, at [log in to unmask]

Thanks VERY much.

Jeffrey

Jeffrey Weidman, Ph.D.
Senior Librarian, Public Services & Collection Development
Spencer Art Reference Library
The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art
4525 Oak Street
Kansas City, MO  64111