This year the ARLIS/SC Nominating Committee sought nominations for two positions: Vice-Chair/Chair Elect (1 year as Vice-Chair; 1 year as

Chair; 1 year as Immediate Past-Chair) and Treasurer (2 years).  We received a nomination for each office, and the nominees have confirmed

their willingness to serve, thus these nominees are now our new office holders.  We are pleased to announce the following new board members

for 2009:

Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect: Alyssa Resnick.

Alyssa has been the Senior Library Supervisor at the Brand Library & Art Center for almost 5 years. She is responsible for a library (art

and music section of the Glendale Public Library), recital hall, and art gallery.  She earned her MLIS from UCLA and a BFA from USC.

Prior to coming to the Brand Library she was the Assistant Librarian at the American InterContinental University, dabbled in audiovisual

sales to public libraries, did consulting work at Library Associates, and was a Sr. Acquisitions Assistant at the Getty Research Institute

and a Junior Fellow at the Library of Congress.

She has been a member of ARLIS/NA and ARLIS/SC since first starting work in art libraries and has previously served the ARLIS/SC chapter

as Treasurer and as Vice Chair/Chair Elect. She is currently moderator of the ARLIS/NA Public Librarians Round Table, and a member of the

ARLIS/NA Membership Committee. She looks forward to being Vice Chair once again and is pleased to have an opportunity to remain on the

board.

Treasurer: Cathy Billings.

Cathy earned her BA in art history at the University of Oregon and her MLIS at the University of Washington. For the last three and a half

years she has been the art librarian and gallery manager at the Brand Library and Art Center, the specialized art and music branch of the

Glendale Public Library. Prior to that Cathy worked for six years managing information systems for the University of Washington Treasury

Office. While earning her MLIS she served as Treasurer for the American Society of Information Science and Technology (ASIS&T)

Student Chapter.  She says that she looks forward to this opportunity to serve our wonderful community of Southern California art librarians!

Our full 2009 board composition is as follows:

Sarah Sherman, Chair

Alyssa Resnick, Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect

Julie Yamashita, Secretary

Cathy Billings, Treasurer

Robert Gore, Past Chair

Please join us in congratulating our new officers!

ARLIS/SC Nominating Committee:

Janine Henri and Nancy Norris