I’m grateful to all who forwarded suggestions. So many responses so close to the holidays—downright heartwarming.

Below is a summary list of recent titles we’ll be looking to buy, or have recently acquired. My larger spreadsheet for the faculty member who triggered my query is heavy on ceramics and Japanese craft [Janine: your inspiration was right on the nose]. It includes prices, ISBNs, and links to book descriptions, for anyone interested in more information.

Happy holidays, y’all.

Kathy Edwards

Arts & Architecture Librarian

Gunnin Architecture Library

Clemson University

Clemson SC 29634

656-4289

RECENT (more or less)  MONOGRAPHS ADDRESSING THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN CRAFT AND ART

Contributors:  Linda Zieper, Marlys McGuire, Kim Collins, Janine Henry, Shelley Quattrocchi, Susan Moon, Kathy Edwards

Gustafson, Paula (ed)

Craft Perception and Practice (Vol. I-III)

2002, 2005, 2007

Ronsdale Press

Alfoldy, Sandra (ed)

Crafting identiy: The development of professional fine craft in Canada

2005

McGill-Queen's Univ. Press

Levine, Faythe, and Heimerl, Cortney

Handmade nation: The rise of DIY, art, craft, and design   [DVD of this title due in 2009]

2008

Princeton Arch'l Press

Kumar Mitchell, Maya, and Brown, Sandy (eds)

The beauty of craft: a resurgence anthology

2004

Green Books

Brown, Gail M. (curator)

The edges of grace: provocative, uncommon craft

2006

Fuller Craft Museum

Greenhalgh, Paul (ed)

The persistence of craft: The applied arts today

2003

Rutgers Univ. Press

Risatti, Howard

A theory of craft: Function and aesthetic expression

2007

UNC Press

Magliaro, Joseph, and Hung, Shu

By hand: The use of craft in contemporary art

2006

Princeton Arch'l Press

Alfoldy, Sandra (ed)

NeoCraft: Modernity and the crafts

2008

Nova Scotia College of Art and Design

Anna, Fariello, and Owen, Paula

Objects and meaning: New perspectives on art and craft

2005

Scarecrow Press

Britton-Newell, Lauri

Out of the ordinary: Spectacular craft

2007

Victoria & Albert Museum

Muniz, Julie, et al. (eds)

Shy boy, she devil, and Isis: The art of conceptual craft

2007

Boston MFA Pubs.

Adamson, Glenn

Thinking through craft

2007

Berg

Kangas, Matthew

Craft and concept: the rematerialization of the art object

2006

Midmarch Arts Press

Kikuchi, Yuko

Japanese modernisation and Mingei Theory : Cultural nationalism and oriental orientalism

2004

Routledge

Kamps, Toby, et al.

The old, weird America: Folk themes in contemporary art

2008

Contemporary Arts Museum [Houston]

Yanagi, Soetsu

The unknown craftsman: A Japanese insight into beauty

1990

Kodansha International

Object: Australian Centre for Craft and Design

[Journal] Object Magazine [refereed?]

Object: Australian Centre for Craft and Design

Adamson, Glenn (ed)

The journal of modern craft [peer reviewed]

Berg Pubs.

Johnson, Jean

Exploring contemporary craft: History, theory, and critical writing

2002

Coach House Press