Rachel

I would be surprised if the Daily Chronicle has been digitized.  The paper merged in the 1930s with the Daily News, which merged into the Daily Mail in the early 1960s.

The Daily Mail has a library, and they may have the paper on microfilm.

The British library has a newspaper division at Colindale.

http://www.bl.uk/reshelp/inrrooms/blnewspapers/newscat/newscat.html

and here is the link to the Association of UK Media librarians.  You could contact them to see if the paper is available in a digital format

http://www.aukml.org.uk/

(I worked as a news librarian at AP, CNN, NPR and the Daily Telegraph, a British newspaper, at the DC bureau).

Marlene

Marlene A. Koenig
Librarian
WAAC - Virginia Tech