Hello,

I am a curator of a private fine art collection based in Flint, Michigan.  Over the years, several unique and limited edition artistsą books have been added to the collection.  I am writing to ask how museum and academic libraries handle the material.

Does your library accession the work as art objects (object ID numbers) or library materials (LCC numbers)?  What informs that decision?  Are MARC records developed for the individual materials?  Does the librarian also act as curator in the selection of artistsą books for the collection?  What criteria are used for the selection process?  How are the materials stored?  How are these materials available to use and what kind of access do you provide for library patrons?  Do you loan materials to other institutions for exhibition and/or research?  And finally, do you have an on-going exhibition program and if so, how is the work presented and displayed?

I appreciate any and all feedback.  Thank you for your time.

Camille Ann Brewer

Curator, Mott-Warsh Collection

Flint, Michigan

www.m-wc.org