Dear ARLIS/NA Members -
Some of you have seen articles describing the role of the Chapters
Coordinator (also referred to as Chapters Liaison)  in your recent
chapter newsletter.  However, I want to be sure all members have some
information on this role, so thought it best to follow in my fellow
board members' footsteps, and send it via ARLIS-L.
The Chapters Coordinator acts as liaison between the Executive Board
and the chapters, just as the Regional Representatives did.  I respond
to questions and issues, and represent the chapters on the board.  I
also help coordinate board representation at chapter meetings, and I
organize the chapter leaders' meeting at the annual conference.
Recently, I have been talking with our Technical Advisor, Jonathan
Franklin regarding using Memberclicks to give Webspace to chapters.
This is something that the board wants to provide, and that many
chapters could use.  Shalimar Fojas White, chair of the membership
committee and I also discussed featuring chapters on the main page of
the ARLIS/NA Website.  I see the chapters as the lifeblood of ARLIS/NA
and would love to have them spotlighted in this way.
As the year draws to a close, I will be in touch with chapter leaders
quite a bit using the chapter leaders listserv.  I'll be welcoming the
new chapter leaders and reminding them of the newly revised Chapter
Success Book, preparing the new roster, gathering chapter meeting
minutes to share with the board, and of course, gently reminding
chapter leaders to submit their annual reports.  There are eighteen
ARLIS/NA chapters, so there's plenty to do!
I hope you will feel free to get in touch with me with any questions
or concerns.
best regards from the Delaware Valley,
Cate Cooney
ARLIS/NA Chapters Coordinator