Dear Colleagues,

On behalf of the Communications and Publications Committee, I would like
to announce important changes in store for Art Documentation as approved
by the Executive Board at the midyear meeting in New York early last
month.

With the Fall 2008 issue of Art Documentation, Kathy Zimon will be
stepping down as contents co-editor, a position she has held since 2001.
The ARLIS/NA Executive Board would like to express its deepest
appreciation to Kathy for her tireless devotion to the publication.
Kathy has also been a vital member of the Communications and
Publications Committee, the dedicated team of ARLIS/NA volunteers who
make Art Documentation and other ARLIS/NA publications happen.  Please
join the committee and the executive board in expressing our heartfelt
thanks to Kathy for her seven years of dedication towards making Art
Documentation the valuable professional resource that it is today. As
the publication moves forward, Judy Dyki will continue as content editor
and Eileen Markson will continue as copy editor.

Beginning in 2009, Art Documentation will become a peer-reviewed
publication. The recent membership survey indicated that this is an
important consideration for many potential authors when submitting
articles for publication; it will also enhance the overall quality of
the journal. The editors will collaborate with members of the
Communications and Publications Committee to develop a new review
process, contributor guidelines, and production schedule which will be
in place for the Fall 2009 issue.  The Spring 2009 issue will use a
modified peer review process during the transition.

We will keep you posted on the developments via the listserv and on the
ARLIS/NA Web site. The committee is indeed grateful for our readers'
support in making Art Documentation a first-rate publication.

Best regards,

Roger Lawson

Chair, ARLIS/NA Communications and Publications Committee