I realize that yesterday’s events might take precedence over another vote that has been taking place, but I would like to report that we have results as well.

I thank the ARLIS/NA membership for voting on the Membership Dues Increase Proposal. We received 286 votes; 183 were in favor and 103 opposed. The motion has passed and the 2009 membership dues are as follows:

Student $50 (three year limit)

Retired/Unemployed $60

Introductory $90 (new category with one year limit)

Individual $120

Institutional/Business Affiliate $190

Overseas $85

I encourage you to renew your membership for 2009. You may renew by filling out the membership form on the ARLIS/NA website and mailing or faxing it to Arlis/NA Headquarters http://www.arlisna.org/membership_form.pdf. Sometime next week you will be able to renew online using MemberClicks. We are currently testing this function and I will let you know as soon as it is available.

Once again I offer my thanks for your votes on this proposal and I encourage all ARLIS/NA members to renew their membership in the society that means so much to all of us.

With thanks,

Ken

Ken Soehner

President, ARLIS/NA