Greetings:

On behalf of the ARLIS/NA Board, I'd like to congratulate the Southeast Chapter on an outstanding annual meeting in Sarasota, Florida, November 5-8.  The conference program was full of educational and networking opportunities hosted by Linda McKee and Artis Wick at the Ringling Museum Library and by Kathleen List and Sarah Carter at the Ringling College of Art and Design.  Southeast Chapter President Yvonne Boyer, Treasurer Allen Novak, Gail Novak, and Webmaster Natalia Lonchyna also contributed their time and energy to make the meeting a success.

I attended the chapter's meeting in my role as ARLIS/NA Education Liaison and reported on Board and Society activities during the chapter's business meeting.  As many of you know, the ARLIS/NA year-of-transition began at the end of the 2007 annual conference in Atlanta. This year’s 2008 conference in Denver ushered in a new era in the Society’s administrative history when the Board's Regional Representatives were replaced by functional liaisons who provide a conduit for communication between the Board and the groups who are carrying out the important work of the Society.  In light of this change, the Board recognizes how important face-to-face communication is and has worked to ensure that at least one member of the Board is present at regional meetings hence my attendance at the Southeast Chapter's meeting in Sarasota.

As the Education Liaison, I work with the Professional Development Committee, chaired by Tom Caswell, including the relatively new Education Subcommittee, chaired by Heather Gendron, and Mentoring Subcommittee, chaired by V. Heidi Hass. In addition, the Education Liaison liaises with the Summer Educational Institute Implementation Team, co-chaired by Alex Reiskind and Visual Resources Association Foundation representative Jeanne Keefe, and the Summer Educational Institute Advisory Group, chaired by Sherman Clarke.

Thanks again to my colleagues in the Southeast Chapter for hosting such a wonderful meeting and making me feel very welcome.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or comments.

Cheers,
/Elizabeth
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Elizabeth Schaub
Director, Visual Resources Collection
School of Architecture
The University of Texas at Austin
1 University Station, B7500
Austin, Texas 78712-0222
512.471.5003 (vox)
512.471.0716 (fax)

ARLIS/NA Education Liaison
ARLIS/Texas-Mexico Chapter Past President
VRA Bulletin Associate Editor