Re: Guideline on Submitting Priorities and Needs for CAA's Strategic Plan (2010 ­ 2015)
From: Emmanuel Lemakis, Director of Programs, Affiliated Society Liaison

On behalf of the Steering Committee for CAA's new Strategic Plan (2010-2015), I want to encourage all Affiliated Societies to submit priorities and needs for the development of the Plan.

The Steering Committee is especially interested in hearing your organization's views with regard to CAA's mission and vision, its programs and member services, as well as receiving your guidance on communications that clearly and succinctly state why CAA is deserving of membership and external support.

We want to incorporate your responses in our planning discussions well in advance of the Annual Conference in Los Angeles, and so I ask that responses be submitted to me no later than December 8, 2008.  Please email your responses to me at [log in to unmask]

Thank you for your thoughts and cooperation. I look forward to hearing from you!

1.	What are the three or four major issues that should be considered in CAA's strategic planning process? (250 words or less).

2.	Can these issues become goals, and, if so, what specifically is necessary to accomplish them?

3. Are there expenses associated with the issues? Please include not only programming and material costs but also any additional staff support that might be required.

4. Do you have suggestions on new sources of revenue that may be necessary to address the issues you have mentioned?

Laura Graveline, Visual Arts Librarian
HB 6025
Sherman Art Library, Dartmouth College
Hanover, NH 03755