I am announcing my retirement, effective December 18th,  from the Menil Foundation and Menil
Collection Museum after twenty-some years, most of them spent as Library Director.

Being at The Menil Collection Library has given me a perspective on art librarianship which has,
most importantly, been supplemented by participation in various ARLIS positions on the North
American as well as chapter levels.  The people I have met and worked with were amazing in their
conscientiousness to the field of art librarianship; and more importantly, you are personally the
friendliest bunch of professionals I've come across.  I'll miss so many of you!

My plans for retirement?  Well, once I can verify that my wife and I can survive on HER librarian's
salary, I plan to watch Andy of Mayberry reruns until I get the secret of holding a fishing rod
between my toes while I snooze under a willow tree.  Seriously, volunteer work is what I'm after,
hopefully with doggie and kitty organizations.  In any case, off to another phase of adventures!

Cheers and best wishes to all,

Phil Heagy
Library Director
Menil Collection Library