Dear Friends and Colleagues,

We wanted to share with you a few ARTstor collection highlights as the new academic year begins. This year ARTstor will offer nearly one million images to users at more than 1,000 educational institutions worldwide. Recent releases include more than 60,000 new images from exceptional collections such as: Scala; the Bodleian Library; the Phillips Collection; Canyonlights; Council of Independent Colleges (CIC HCAP); contemporary art photographed by Larry Qualls; Columbia University Quicktime Virtual Reality (QTVR) panoramas of Venice; Terra Foundation American art; and the Berlin State Museums.

New collaborations on forthcoming collections include: field photographs and Indian monuments and architecture from the American Institute of Indian Studies; Columbia University QTVRs of Mali, West Africa; stained glass from the Corpus Vitrearum Medii Aevi (CVMA) and the National Monuments Record (NMR); medieval stained glass from Madeline Caviness; performance art from the Franklin Furnace Archives; Islamic art from Shangri La; images of South Asia and Cuba from Alka Patel at University of California, Irvine; contemporary architecture in Spain photographed by ART on FILE; and Renaissance and Baroque book illustrations from the Warburg Institute. For full collections descriptions, please visit our website:

http://www.artstor.org/what-is-artstor/w-html/collection-status.shtml

In addition, there are now more than 3,500 images from the Metropolitan Museum of Art available through our free scholarly publishing service Images for Academic Publishing (IAP). This fall a new collection of 3,900 images from Bryn Mawr College’s Mellink archive of Ancient Near Eastern art and archaeology will also be available through IAP. IAP is available to all scholars, including those at institutions that do not license ARTstor.

As always, we invite feedback and recommendations on all these efforts as we continue to work with the academic and museum community.

Sincerely,

Christine Kuan

Director of Collection Development

ARTstor